Classic grilled steak sandwich recipe
Classic Grilled Steak Sandwich
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Classic steakhouse flavor transferred to a tasty grilled sandwich. A creamy horseradish sauce gives this steak sandwich a major flavor boost.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup jarred horseradish
- 1 loaf Italian bread, ends trimmed and loaf cut into 8 slices
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a skillet and set over medium-low heat. Cook onions in hot oil with salt and pepper, stirring, until browned. This will take a good 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, coat steak with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook for 6 minutes, then flip and grill for 6 to 8 more minutes (until beef reaches desired doneness). Transfer to a cutting board.
4. Whisk mayonnaise together with horseradish and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Coat bread slices on one side with the mixture.
5. Thinly slice beef. Top 4 of the bread slices with the beef, and onions, then place the rest of the bread slices on top of the fillings. Serve.
Reference: Classic grilled steak sandwich recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.