Ballistik’s sweet hot chip chopped ham sandwich recipe
Ballistik’s Sweet-Hot Chip Chopped Ham Sandwich
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Awesome sandwiches for picnics and lunch time. These are a Pittsburgh area classic. They are the bomb with potato chips, potato salad or French fries.
Ready in: 30 mins
Makes: 12 sandwiches
- 2 pounds chipped or shaved ham
- 2 1/2 cups Heinz® Original BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot® Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Mexene® Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 hamburger buns
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Mix BBQ sauce and sweet chili sauce in medium saucepan.
2. Add brown sugar, chili powder, black pepper and garlic powder.
3. Heat on medium on stove top, stirring occasionally, until sauce mixture is near boiling.
4. Add ham and stir it in.
5. Turn heat to ‘low’ and leave it on covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Serve hot on buns.
Reference: Ballistik’s sweet hot chip chopped ham sandwich recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)