Boozy chocolate chili recipe
Boozy Chocolate Chili
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Hot stuff, nice served with ice cold beer. Give it a go with family and friends. Enjoy.
Ready in: 3 hours 50 mins
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 3 pounds rump steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Seasoned all-purpose flour to coat steak
- 6 tablespoons bacon fat or beef dipping
- 4 onions, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 8 dried red chillies, crushed (ancho works well )
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 8 (1 ounce) squares plain chocolate
- 2 large bottles good quality lager beer
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 3 hours | Extra time: 30 mins, other
1. Over a medium heat, toast the cumin in a heavy bottom pan. Shake the pan for around 4 minutes until lightly toasted, let cool, then crush.
2. Toss the beef in the seasoned flour to coat, melt the fat in a heavy bottom pan, then add the steak in batches until browned on all sides. Remove the beef and set aside.
3. Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook gently for around 5 minutes until soft. Add crushed chilies, oregano, paprika and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Return the beef to the pan, pour in lager, and add the chocolate. Bring to the boil, stirring all the while. Once boiling, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 3 hours, or until the beef is very tender, adding more lager if need be.
5. Serve with sour cream and warm flour tortillas.
Reference: Boozy chocolate chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.