Chris carolina bbq recipe
Chris’ Carolina BBQ
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
This is an awesome Carolina vinegary flavor that everyone loves. This same sauce/marinade and procedure can be used on chicken as well and it makes the best wings.
Ready in: 5 hours 15 mins
- 6 pounds country style ribs, or 3 whole chicken cut in half, wings removed, or 6 lbs chicken wings
- 1 gallon apple cider vinegar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) real butter
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 8 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 bottle favorite BBQ sauce (optional)
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour | Extra time: 4 hours, marinating
1. Mix vinegar, 1 tablespoon salt, butter, 4 tablespoons black pepper, lemon juice, crushed red pepper in sauce pan and bring to boil. Let cool 10 minutes.
2. Salt and pepper both sides of ribs/chicken halves and/or wings with remaining salt and pepper.
3. Place ribs in large pan or zib lock bag and cover with 1/4 vinegar mixture. Let sit for 2-4 hours.
4. Preheat grill to high heat.
5. Remove ribs from marinade and return this marinade to rest of vinegar mixture. Heat in microwave 2 minutes, bring to boil on stove, or place in sauce pan on grill to keep hot.
6. Place ribs on grill, and brown on each side 2-5 minutes. Turn ribs often (no more than 5 minutes on each side), dipping ribs in vinegar mixture each turn. Cook 45-60 minutes, or until ribs are 160 degrees F.
7. (Optional if preferred) Wipe with favorite BBQ sauce and cook on each side 2-4 minutes.
8. Serve and enjoy.
Reference: Chris carolina bbq recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.