Awesome homemade biscuits recipe
Awesome Homemade Biscuits
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Quick, delicious, fluffy biscuits.
Ready in: 27 mins
Makes: 12 Biscuits
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 1/3 cups milk or buttermilk
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 12 mins
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Cut in shortening with a fork or pastry cutter.
4. Make a well in the center of flour mixture and add milk, mix well with hands until a soft dough forms.
5. Turn dough onto a floured surface. Roll with rolling pin or flatten with hands to approx. 1/2 inch thick. Cut biscuits with biscuit cutter or rim of round glass.
6. Put biscuits on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Brush biscuit tops with melted butter or margarine. Continue baking until biscuit tops are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes longer. ENJOY!Tip
I don’t spend a lot of time kneading the dough, just until it is mixed well.
Reference: Awesome homemade biscuits recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.