Chorizo sausage hash browns recipe
Chorizo Sausage Hash Browns
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Amazing flavor from spicy chorizo sausage, savory mushrooms, sweet carrots and potatoes (of course). These hash browns take a little extra care, but you won’t regret it.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, shredded or grated
- 2 carrots, shredded or grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces dried chorizo sausage, cut into slivers
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Combine potatoes and carrots in a large bowl and cover with ice water. Set aside.
2. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into a large skillet and place over medium heat. Cook onion in hot oil for 5 minutes to soften, then stir in mushrooms. Cook for 3 more minutes.
3. Add chorizo to the skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes to brown. Pour mushroom sausage mixture into a bowl, cover with foil, and set aside.
4. Drain the shredded potatoes and carrots thoroughly. Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into the skillet and turn the heat to medium.
5. Pour half of the potatoes and carrots into the skillet. Top with the warm mushroom sausage mixture, then pour the rest of the vegetables on top. Sprinkle with salt, then cover the skillet with its lid or foil.
6. Cook for about 6 minutes over medium heat, then flip and continue to cook until potatoes and carrots are well-browned. Serve.
Reference: Chorizo sausage hash browns recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.