Chorizo and potato mexican breakfast casserole recipe
Chorizo and Potato Mexican Breakfast Casserole
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Spicy, meaty breakfast is the best kind of breakfast. Serve it up when you’ve got a big day ahead, or when you think you’ll need to recoup from a big night before.
Ready in: 9 hours 15 mins
- 1 pound uncooked chorizo
- 9 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) package frozen O’Brien potatoes (potatoes and bell peppers)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (1 pound) jar black bean and corn salsa
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour | Extra time: 8 hours, chilling
1. Coat a 13×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cook the chorizo in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks. Drain on paper towels.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs into the milk. Season with dry mustard and cayenne pepper, then add potatoes, cheese, salsa, and chorizo. Pour into prepared baking dish.
4. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Then, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and remove from refrigerator to let stand for 30 minutes.
5. Bake for 1 hour, until set completely.
Tags: recipe, Chorizo and potato mexican breakfast casserole recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Chorizo and potato mexican breakfast casserole recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com