Chorizo chicken duo with lemon sauce recipe
Chorizo Chicken Duo with Lemon SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Add chorizo & chicken to the magic of duos like Hall & Oates, Kobe & Shaq and Black & Decker. Lemon goes well with both the sausage and the chicken thighs, with garlic adding a hint of spice.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 pound cured chorizo, casings removed and sliced diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 8 chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 4 small onions, quartered
- 2 small lemons, sliced crosswise 1/2-inch thick
- 6 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into a large skillet and heat over medium. When the oil is hot, add the chorizo. Brown for about 4 minutes, then remove from pan. (Leave the drippings.)
2. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Place in skillet you used for the chorizo and cook for about 15 minutes over medium, until meat is no longer pink in the middle. Remove from pan.
3. Pour in the remaining olive oil. Stir in the onions, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook for about 2 minutes, flipping a few times to brown. Then combine with lemons and garlic. Saute over medium heat for 2 minutes.
4. Pour the wine over the sauteed onion mixture, then add the chicken stock. Add the chicken and sausage back to the pot and simmer on low, covered, for about 5 minutes.
5. Place chicken, sausage, and onions on a serving platter. Pour sauce over chicken.
Share this content!
Reference: Chorizo chicken duo with lemon sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.