Authentic kansas city missouri shrimp curry recipe
Authentic Kansas City, Missouri Shrimp Curry
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Easy curry that even a simple boy like me can make. Serve over rice. Enjoy!
Ready in: 1 hour 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 20-25 medium shrimp, tail removed
- 5 small mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Prep: 1 hour 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Mix curry powder, garlic, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and soy sauce thoroughly.
2. Pour over the shrimp and marinate for at least an hour.
3. Chop the veggies and simmer with oil in a skillet for about 10 minutes.
4. Add the marinated shrimp and continue simmering until shrimp is cooked.
Reference: Authentic kansas city missouri shrimp curry recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.