Chinese lemon fried chicken recipe
Chinese Lemon Fried Chicken
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Tender chicken breast strips lightly breaded, fried, and doused in a tasty lemon sauce.
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
- 2 (5 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, rolled to 1/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 15 mins
| Extra time: 30 mins, marinating
1. Whisk 1 teaspoon cornstarch, vinegar, and sesame oil together in a bowl. Coat chicken with the mixture on one side of each breast, then set on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
2. Combine sugar, water, cider vinegar, and lemon slices in a saucepan. Set over high heat. When mixture comes to a boil, turn heat down to low and cook for about 15 minutes to thicken. Lemon will turn brown.
3. Set up dredging stations: egg in one shallow pie pan, 1/4 cup cornstarch in another.
4. Remove chicken from plate and dip in egg, then dredge in cornstarch.
5. Pour enough oil into a deep fryer or large skillet to make a 1/2-inch layer. Bring to 375 degrees F.
6. Cook chicken in hot oil for about 4 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Serve with lemon sauce spooned over each.
Reference: Chinese lemon fried chicken recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.