Chili de john recipe
Chili de JohnThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking for a hearty and delicious chili recipe? Look no further than the Chili de John recipe! This recipe is packed with flavorful ingredients like ground beef, beans, tomatoes, and a blend of spices that will warm you up on any chilly day. With its perfect balance of heat and savory flavors, this chili is sure to become a family favorite. So grab your apron and get ready to enjoy a bowl of comforting goodness!
Keywords: chili, recipe, hearty, flavorful, comforting
Chili de john recipe details
This is a thick and meaty chili with some different twists. It is easy to make and everyone seems to really love it. A lot of people have asked for this recipe…. It is a great meal! Serve sprinkled with grated cheddar cheese and a small amount of sour cream and some crackers or bread.
Ready in: 2 hours
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or 1 pound ground turkey)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 packet chili seasoning mix
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (16 ounce) cans spicy chili beans
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 1 hour 30 mins
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic, sautee for about 5 minutes. Add ground beef and brown.
2. In a large pot, over medium heat, add: the meat/onion mix, the crushed tomatoes, the chili seasoning. Mix well. Add beans, cinnamon and red wine. Mix well. Add pepper. Mix well and cook on low for at least an hour. You can add a little water to thin it out if you wish.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Chili de john recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.