Chili de john recipe
Chili de John
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This is a thick and meaty chili with some different twists. It is easy to make and everyone seems to really love it. A lot of people have asked for this recipe…. It is a great meal! Serve sprinkled with grated cheddar cheese and a small amount of sour cream and some crackers or bread.
Ready in: 2 hours
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or 1 pound ground turkey)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 packet chili seasoning mix
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (16 ounce) cans spicy chili beans
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 1 hour 30 mins
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic, sautee for about 5 minutes. Add ground beef and brown.
2. In a large pot, over medium heat, add: the meat/onion mix, the crushed tomatoes, the chili seasoning. Mix well. Add beans, cinnamon and red wine. Mix well. Add pepper. Mix well and cook on low for at least an hour. You can add a little water to thin it out if you wish.
Reference: Chili de john recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.