Best damn 5 pound potato salad ever recipe
Best Damn 5 Pound Potato Salad Ever
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This is a family recipe handed down over three generations, and is always a crowd-pleaser. I know it is a simple recipe, that is the perfection behind it. I swear to you, make it as written and everyone will want to know your secret!! I am demanded to make this for every picnic, pot luck, birthday, etc during the spring and summer. The good thing about changing how I make it? No one will bug you to make it again!!
Ready in: 1 hour
- 5 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup juice from the pickle jar (this is my own twist to the recipe to cut back on mayo)
- 1 dozen hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 purple or red onion, chopped
- 1 jar Vlassic(R) Kosher Pickles, chopped (Don’t go with cheap store brand)
- 1/2 cup Best Foods or Hellmans Mayonnaise (Don’t go cheap or pay the price with taste)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; cook the potatoes in the boiling water until fork-tender, about 15 minutes; drain. Run cold water over the potatoes to cool; drain again.
2. To assemble place cooled potatoes in large bowl. Add pickle juice and stir. Add the eggs, onion, and pickles; mix. Add the mayonnaise and mustard and stir till all is well combined. If you feel it is too dry, add more mayo not juice.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight to set.
5. Important note: If you do not let it cool down before adding to the refrigerator, condensation will form on the lid and drip down into your salad which is not a good thing!
Reference: Best damn 5 pound potato salad ever recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.