Chili casserole recipe
Chili CasseroleThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Chili, cheese, onion, corn chips, and tamales, with South-of-the-border spices, served bubbling hot.
Ready in: 40 mins
- 2 cups your favorite chili
- 1 pound Velveeta(R) cheese, sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) bag corn chips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon jalepeno hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 can tamales, optional
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spread 1 cup chili over bottom of casserole dish. Top with half of the onion. Spread a couple of handfulls of corn chips on top.
3. Sprinkle half of the chili powder, half of the cumin, half of the hot sauce, half of the cayenne, and half of the cilantro on top. Then, 4 slices of Velveeta(R). If using the tamales, put them in now.
4. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, with the cheese ending up on top. Bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or microwave 5 to 7 minutes.
Reference: Chili casserole recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)