Chicken wings for beginners recipe
Chicken Wings for Beginners
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
These grilled chicken wings have all the ingredients for a beginning Cook: just a few ingredients, simple preparation, and a one-step cooking process. You shouldn’t need a fire extinguisher too close by for this one.
Ready in: 4 hours 25 mins
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds chicken drumettes
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 4 hours, marinating
1. Make a marinade by combining ketchup, soy sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic powder in a bowl. Scoop out 1 cup of this mixture and place in large plastic resealable bag. Add chicken, seal, and refrigerate to marinate for at least 4 hours. (The rest of the marinade should be reserved in the fridge.)
2. Preheat grill to medium.
3. Remove chicken from marinade and place on grill. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, basting with reserved sauce, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
Reference: Chicken wings for beginners recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.