Chicken steak gumbo recipe
Chicken & Steak Gumbo
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
I learned this recipe from my baby sitter. He was in German army when he was young and this was what he made instead of chicken noodle soup if you weren’t feeling well.
Ready in: 1 hour 1 min
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 1 small bell pepper – chopped
- 2-4 stalks celery – chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 whole roaster chicken – bone-in
- 2 – 3 cups stew meat or round steak – sliced into 1×1 in cubes
- 2 handfuls white rice
- 2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1 carrot – shredded (optional)
Prep: 1 hour | Cook: 1 min
1. Start chicken simmering in broth and water for approx. 1 hour on medium heat. season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Sautee steak and veggies in a skillet with 1 tblsp of olive oil until veggies are almost clear.
3. When chicken is done enough to almost fall off the bone add the rice, steak and veggies. simmer until rice is tender.
Serve with garlic toast or french bread.
Tags: recipe, Chicken steak gumbo recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Chicken steak gumbo recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com