Chicken scaloppini recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Crispy chicken with pancetta served over angel hair pasta, topped off with a lemon-butter cream sauce.
Ready in: 40 mins
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced pancetta
- 1 1/2 cup dry white wine (Chardonnay is excellent for this)
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 (16-ounce) box angel hair pasta
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil over medium-high heat.
2. Mix the flour, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl. Dredge the chicken strips in the flour mixture.
3. In a skillet, mix together the butter and the oil at medium heat. Add pancetta, then the dredged chicken strips. Cook chicken until brown on both sides and no longer pink in the middle, about 7 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside on a plate. Keep warm.
5. Add the wine to the skillet. Let the mixture simmer until reduced by about half, about 5 minutes, then add the cream.
6. Add the tomatoes, basil, mushrooms, lemon juice, and thyme. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
7. While sauce is thickening, add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions, about 5 minutes. Drain.
8. Present by placing chicken over a bed of angel hair pasta and pouring the sauce over it.
Tags: recipe, Chicken scaloppini recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Chicken scaloppini recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com