Chicken lasagne recipe
Chicken Lasagne recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- 2 whole chicken breasts, boned and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- One 28-ounce can Italian tomatoes with basil
- One 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 3 Tablespoons freshly grated Romano cheese
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces lasagne noodles, cooked al dente and drained
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 6 to 8 slices mozzarella cheese
Saute chicken, mushrooms, garlic, onion, oregano, basil, and thyme in olive oil until chicken is white. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, 3 Tablespoons Romano cheese, carrots, salt, and pepper. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
In oiled 9 x 13-inch baking dish, place half the lasagne noodles. Top with half of the sauce, Romano cheese and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 additional minutes or until bubbly and cheese melts. A light and fresh-tasting interpretation of a classic lasagne, offering the best flavors of Italian cooking.
Reference: Chicken lasagne recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 17 times, 1 visits today)