Chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
This is a variation of a popular dish with vodka, Parmesan cheese, and lots of herbs. Since this recipe involves open flame, use caution.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 2 pounds linguini noodles
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt plus some for chicken
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add about 2 tablespoons oil to the water. Add about 2 tablespoons salt to the water.
2. Add the noodles to the water and keep them moving for a minute so they don’t “clump” together. (Don’t break them in half.) When noodles are flexible but firm, al dente, about 7 minutes, drain them.
3. Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with a little salt. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, then add the onions. Cook, stirring, until they are brown.
4. Add the chopped chicken and keep it moving with your spatula while adding the garlic, pepper, sage, thyme, nutmeg, and rosemary.
5. Once the chicken is about done, after 6 to 8 minutes, turn off the burner and add the vodka. Give it a few seconds to heat up, then carefully light the fumes with a lighter. Keep the chicken moving while the alcohol burns off.
6. Heat cream and butter in saucepan over medium heat until butter melts and mixture begins to simmer. Add cheese slowly while whisking until completely incorporated. Bring to a boil.
7. Mix corn starch and water in a separate container, then add to sauce while whisking. This should thicken the sauce.
8. To serve, put some noodles on a plate, add some of the chicken, then cover with the sauce.Noodle Preparation
The oil in the water breaks down the surface tention of the water and keeps it from boiling over. Adding the salt to the boiling water is not an optional step. It is your only chance to add seasoning to the noodles themselves.
Reference: Chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.