Carrot Bread recipeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Blue Ribbon Winner, 1985 Mendocino County Fair & Apple Show
- 2 cups date crystals*
- One 20-ounce can crushed pineapple with juice
- 6 cups enriched flour, pre-sifted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups lightly toasted walnuts (rub in towel to remove loose skin)
- 4 cups coarsely grated carrots
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 6 eggs, warmed to room temperature
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine date crystals and pineapple juice. Put flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in food processor with steel blade, process 1 minute. Put in large mixing bowl. Coarsely chop walnuts in food processor and add to dry ingredients. Set aside carrots. Cream cooking oil, sugar and vanilla in a food processor. Add eggs. Pulse to combine.
Now, combine ALL ingredients together in the large mixing bowl. Pour into two greased and floured 12-cup tube pans. Bake 1-1/2 hours or until cakes test done. Cool 15 minutes in pans on racks (do not invert); gently remove to wire rack to cool. Can be frozen.
* Date crystals available from: Shields Date Gardens, 80 – 225 Highway 111, Indio, CA 92201. Phone: (619) 347-0996
Serves: 40 generously (20 per cake)
Reference: Carrot bread
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.