New mexico green chili breakfast burritos with sausage and jalapenos recipe
New Mexico Green Chili Breakfast Burritos with Sausage and Jalapenos
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Green Chili is very popular where I live in New Mexico, you can find it in almost anything. I decided to pair up our state’s famous green chili with eggs and cheese for a delicious breakfast burrito. As a nod to our neighbor state, Texas, I added jalapenos which gave the burritos a great kick. It’s perfect “man” food for breakfast – it fills you up, has some heat, and doesn’t take all day to prepare. Also, this breakfast is portable, wrap them tightly in foil and you are good to go!
Ready in: 25 mins
Makes: 6 breakfast burritos
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapenos
- 6 flour tortillas, large
- 1 cup mexi-cheese (taco cheese), shredded
- 1/3 cup diced green chilis, drained
- 1/2 cup medium or hot salsa
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. In a medium non-stick pan, cook sausage over medium heat until brown, about 7 minutes.
2. While sausage is cooking, melt butter in medium pan.
3. Whisk eggs, salt and red chili pepper in a small bowl.
4. Add egg mixture and jalapenos to skillet and stir until eggs are set, about 2 minutes.
5. Microwave tortillas, two at a time, for 10 seconds.
6. Lay out the tortillas. In the center of each one, place 1/12 of the eggs followed by 1/12 of the cheese.
7. Top each with 1/6 of the green chilies and then 1/12 of the salsa.
8. Tuck the ends of each tortilla in and roll burrito style. Serve immediately.
Reference: New mexico green chili breakfast burritos with sausage and jalapenos recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.