Carolina style crispy pulled pork eggrolls with fresh cole slaw recipe
Carolina Style Crispy Pulled Pork Eggrolls with Fresh Cole SlawThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the mouthwatering Carolina style crispy pulled pork eggrolls with fresh cole slaw recipe! This delightful fusion of flavors combines the smoky and tender pulled pork, seasoned with traditional Carolina-style spices, with the crunchiness of eggroll wrappers. The dish is perfectly complemented by a zesty and refreshing cole slaw, made with crisp cabbage and tangy dressing. These irresistible eggrolls are a crowd-pleasing appetizer or main course option that will leave everyone craving more.
Keywords: Carolina style, crispy, pulled pork, eggrolls, fresh cole slaw.
Carolina style crispy pulled pork eggrolls with fresh cole slaw recipe details
We make this every time the guys come over for a game. Everyone loves these eggrolls and they are super easy to make. This recipe uses cooked pork shoulder. We usually cook our own (there is nothing like having your entire house smelling like BBQ pork all day long), but you can easily find pre made pulled pork at the super market.
Ready in: 15 mins
- 1 5-6 lb boneless pork shoulder, cooked and pulled (you can also use prepared pulled pork)
- 1 package Eggroll wrappers
- 1 lb Cooked bacon strips
- 1 bag Fresh Cole Slaw mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Carolina Style BBQ sauce, for dipping
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 5 mins
1. Lay out your eggroll wrappers in diamond shapes.
2. Spoon a good amount of pulled pork into the middle of the wrapper. Top with a strip of crispy cooked bacon.
3. Wrap up the eggroll. First, pull up the bottom over your filling, then fold in the sides. Next, roll the egg roll going towards the top and seal at the top point.
4. Drop Eggroll into hot oil and fry on Med. heat until eggroll is nice and crispy. Color should be a light golden brown. Usually takes about 2 minutes. Don’t forget to turn the rolls as they are frying to ensure even browning.
5. When golden brown, remove from oil and rest the rolls on paper towels.
6. In a large bowl, combine your mayo, milk, sugar, vinegar and salt. Stir to combine well.
7. Add in the bag of slaw mix and fold to incorporate.
8. Pour BBQ sauce in dipping cup.
9. Cut the eggrolls on a bias and stand upright to serve.Alternate method
If you are cooking your own pork shoulder, cover shoulder with mustard and rub (1 tbs each of onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, black pepper. Mixed with 1/2 cup of brown sugar). Rub in rub and cook shoulder on 250 degrees in oven for 1-1.5 hours per lb of pork. Pull with fingers and or fork.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Carolina style crispy pulled pork eggrolls with fresh cole slaw recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.