⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
This recipe is for people that love pasta. You can have it with family or cook it for your partner as romantic dinner. You can make modifications to the recipe if you do not like something like the wine or mushrooms; they can be left out and you can make a simple carbonara sauce if you would like. This recipe just adds a little spice to the standard carbonara sauce. Hope you enjoy!!! Serve with a little sprinkle of extra Parmesan cheese and pepper if you would like.
Ready in: 45 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup wine
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 4 egg yolks
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Firstly in a large pot of water add your salt if you would like and a little bit of olive oil and bring to boil. Add the penne pasta, and cook for about 10 minutes or until pasta is soft. Set aside, drain, and add a little more olive oil to keep the pasta moist while you do your sauce.
2. In a frying pan, cook onion, garlic, and bacon till crispy. Whisk cream and
3. Parmesan together in a bowl; add to the pan. Cook for 1 minute, add wine and mushrooms, wait till sauce slightly thickens and mushrooms soften. Toss in your pasta and with tongs mix it all together well.
4. Remove from heat and in a separate bowl mix egg yolks and add to your pasta dish and with your tongs, mix it all in evenly.
Tags: recipe, Carbonara recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Carbonara recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com