Caramelized vegetables recipe
Caramelized VegetablesThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Balsamic vinegar is a great flavor booster in this dish, along with red potatoes,asparagus,and onion.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 2 pounds small red potatoes(cut into 1 inches pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. In 3 quart saucepan, heat 1 inch water to boiling. Add potatoes and salt. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 12 min. or until tender.
2. drain and return to saucepan
3. Meanwhile,in a 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 inch water to boiling. Add asparagus. Heat to boiling, Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook about 5 minutes or until crisp and tender; drain and add to potatoes.
4. While vegetables are cooking, in a skillet, melt butter. Cook onion in butter about 5minutes,stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Stir in vinegar and brown sugar. Pour onion mixture over potatoes and asparagus, stir until coated.
Reference: Caramelized vegetables recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)