Butchs Guacamole recipeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing Butch's Guacamole, a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that will elevate your snacking game. This classic guacamole is packed with fresh avocados, tangy lime juice, diced tomatoes, onions, and a hint of spice from jalapenos. It's the perfect dip to enjoy with tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos, burgers, or sandwiches. With just a few simple ingredients and a quick preparation time, Butch's Guacamole is sure to become a crowd favorite at your next gathering.
Keywords: guacamole, avocado, dip, snack, easy-to-make.
Butchs guacamole details
My husband, Butch, is a wonderful cook of New Mexican dishes. His family has lived here for many generations, and this is a recipe they have passed down over the years. By covering the top with sour cream, the guacamole will not turn brown, and can be made up to a day ahead. … Victoria Farmer
- 4 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon green chile peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 3 hot yellow peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 jalapeÃ±o chile peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped (reserve 1 whole pepper for garnish)
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, chopped
In a medium bowl, place the avocados, green chile peppers, yellow chile peppers, jalapeÃ±o chile peppers, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, and salt. Mix the ingredients together well.
Place the guacamole in a medium serving dish. Cover the entire surface with a layer of sour cream so that there is no green showing. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top. Sprinkle on the olives. Place the reserved jalapeÃ±o on top. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour before serving
Makes: approximately 4 cups.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Butchs guacamole
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.