Burritos de legumbres recipe
Burritos de Legumbres recipeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut in half, then sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 leek, washed and sliced, or 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup packed chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- One 7-ounce can Mexican green sauce
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 2 Tablespoons water
- 8 whole-wheat flour tortillas
- Fresh salsa (optional)
This was inspired by a wonderful vegetable burrito that I often order at a Mexican restaurant in North Lake Tahoe.
Saute all of the vegetables in 1/2 cup of the water for 5 minutes, until tender-crisp. Add the cilantro, green sauce, and the remaining 1/4 cup water, and mix well. Add the cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring, until thickened.
Place a line of the vegetable mixture down the center of a tortilla. Add a spoonful of salsa, if desired. Roll up and eat.
Servings:4. Preparation Time:15 minutes. Cooking Time:10 minutes.
Reference: Burritos de legumbres recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)