Brandon’s jambalaya recipe
Brandon’s JambalayaThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introBrandon's Jambalaya recipe is a delicious and flavorful dish that combines the best of Creole and Cajun cuisines. This hearty one-pot meal is packed with a medley of ingredients like shrimp, sausage, chicken, vegetables, and aromatic spices. The result is a mouthwatering blend of flavors that will transport you straight to the heart of Louisiana. Whether you're hosting a gathering or simply craving a comforting dinner, this jambalaya recipe is sure to impress.
Keywords: jambalaya, Creole, Cajun, one-pot meal, Louisiana.
Brandon's jambalaya recipe details
The best jambalaya in the south.
Ready in: 1 hour 50 mins
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped fine
- 3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1 bell pepper, chopped fine
- 2 pounds chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 pounds spicy smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 (15-ounce) cans diced tomato and juice
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- Creole Seasoning, to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 1 hour 30 mins
1. Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add oil. Saute onion, celery, and bell pepper until onion turn light brown. Add chicken, cook until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in smoked sausage and cook until brown.
2. Stir the tomatoes and juice into the skillet and bring to a boil. Add rice, return to boil. Cover pot and reduce heat. Simmer until rice is tender,stirring occasionally, about 1 hour. Season to taste with Creole Seasoning.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Brandon’s jambalaya recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 42 times, 1 visit(s) today