Boozy spicy indoor strip steak recipe
Boozy, Spicy Indoor Strip Steak
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A simple recipe makes fantastic New York strip steak. And if you have an indoor grill, all you need is a working electrical outlet. (Inspired by BigStupidFingers’ “Flat Iron Steak in a Red Wine Reduction with Peppercorns.”)
Ready in: 1 hour 23 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- Pinch white sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 strip steak (or more)
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 8 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Stir red wine, peppercorns, sugar, and salt together and heat for about 5 minutes in saucepan over medium heat. Allow to cool slightly, then pour into large resealable plastic bag, Add steak, seal the bag, turn to coat, and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
2. Preheat your indoor dual contact grill to medium-high.
3. Remove steak from marinade and place on the grill. Close lid. Grill for 5 to 8 minutes for medium-rare doneness, depending on thickness.
4. Take the steak off the grill. Let the meat rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes 1 cup of marinade, enough for 2 pounds of steak.
Reference: Boozy spicy indoor strip steak recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.