Best breakfast burritos recipe
Best Breakfast Burritos
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
I make this recipe every Sunday morning, and there’s never any left over. Not in the mood for burritos? Eat it as a scramble.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 breakfast sausage links
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- pinch garlic salt, or to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 burrito wrappers
- 3/4 cup salsa, or as needed
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Place potatoes in a microwaveable bowl and add 1/2 cup of water to it. Cover with plastic wrap and put a paper towel underneath the bowl. Microwave on High for 5 minutes.
2. In a small skillet, cook scrambled eggs until set; set aside.
3. In a large skillet, cook both bacon and sausage till completely done. Place bacon and sausage on paper towels to drain. Keep skillet on medium heat and be sure to keep the pork grease.
4. Drain potatoes and add them to the skillet. Add the butter, garlic salt and black pepper. Cook for 6 minutes, shaking the potatoes around to avoid burning. Lightly stir in the bell peppers, onions, and garlic, and cook for another 6 minutes.
5. Chop the bacon and sausage into bite size pieces and add to skillet. Add scrambled eggs, and lightly stir to mix everything. Spread Cheddar cheese and tomatoes over mixture and cover and simmer for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
6. Warm the tortillas, add the mixture, add salsa, fold and enjoy!
Reference: Best breakfast burritos recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.