Black beans with lime and cumin scented rice recipe
Black Beans with Lime and Cumin Scented RiceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This rice dish is the perfect side dish for my Island themed BBQ cook out.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 limes, juiced and divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 med onion
- 1 medium red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 to 3 jalapenos seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 14.5 ounce fire roasted , diced tomatoes
- 2 15 ounce black beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 each mangoes, peeled and diced
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Bring stock to boil, add rice, cumin, juice of 1 lime, and 2 tbl butter, reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for twenty minutes. allow to rest off the heat for 10 minutes (Note do not remove lid until the entire 30 minutes has passed)
2. pre heat oven to 350F
3. In a large saucepan, cook and stir onion jalapeno and bell pepper in remaining 2 tablespoons butterbutter until tender and translucent, add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine tomatoes, beans, oregano, pepper and onion mixture and blend well. Stir in cooked rice, juice of 1 lime and mango.
5. Pour into casserole dish sprayed with olive oil cooking spray and cover with foil. Bake @ 350F for 30 minutes. serve with hot sauce on the side.Alternate method
serve with my Cuban Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches and Island Slaw
Share this content!
Reference: Black beans with lime and cumin scented rice recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)