Big b’s collard greens recipe
Big B’s Collard GreensThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing "Big B's Collard Greens Recipe," a mouthwatering dish that combines the freshness of collard greens with a medley of flavorful ingredients. This recipe is an absolute crowd-pleaser, guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds and leave you craving for more. With a perfect balance of spices and seasonings, these collard greens are cooked to perfection, resulting in a tender and delicious side dish. Whether you're a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is simple to follow and will surely impress your family and friends.
Keywords: collard greens, recipe, flavorful, crowd-pleaser, spices.
Big b's collard greens recipe details
Never had a complaint.
Ready in: 2 hours 20 mins
- 1 Large or 2 or 3 small Ham Hocks
- 2 Quarts Chicken Stock
- 1 Large Onion chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Tbls crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Large bunch of Collard Greens rinsed and chopped
- 3 Tbls Cider Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Hot Sauce or Pepper Sauce
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 2 hours
1. Add ham hocks to large pot and add chicken stock, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer, simmer for 1 to 2 hours to create the broth. Add collard greens and vinegar and simmer from 1 hour to 5 hours depending on the texture you prefer. Salt to taste and serve. I like to serve them in a bowl and add hot or pepper sauce. The broth comes out like soup and I hear it is an old remedy for what ever ails you.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Big b’s collard greens recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 43 times, 1 visit(s) today