Best leftover turkey tetrazzini recipe
Best Leftover Turkey TetrazziniThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Be thankful for this way to resurrect cooked turkey into a great pasta casserole.
Ready in: 50 mins
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 2-inch lengths
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cups turkey meat in bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and coat a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Pour spaghetti pieces into the boiling water and cook for about 12 minutes, or until al dente, according to package instructions. Before draining, scoop out 2 1/2 cups of the water and set aside. Drain pasta.
3. Stir chicken bouillon into reserved pasta water.
4. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook mushrooms in butter for about 8 minutes, until softened. Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms, stir to coat, and pour in the sherry, bouillon pasta water combination, lemon-pepper, salt, and nutmeg.
5. When mixture comes to a boil, simmer on medium-low heat until thickened (about 2 minutes). Pour in milk and 1/3 cup cheese and stir over low heat. When cheese melts, stir in cooked turkey.
6. Continue to cook, stirring, for a minute or two to warm up the turkey. Then add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet, stir to combine, and pour into prepared baking dish with spaghetti.
7. Stir sauce into the pasta, sprinkle with paprika and 1/3 cup cheese, and cover with foil.
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until casserole is hot and cheese is melted.
Share this content!
Reference: Best leftover turkey tetrazzini recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)