Best damn chili recipe
Best Damn Chili
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
After years of adjustments I have found a recipe for all to enjoy. Previous ones were either too hot or too mild, this one even was to the liking of my fiancee who hates chili.
Ready in: 2 hours 35 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 red jalapeno, chopped
- 1 anaheim pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- ¼ Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- Ground Garlic Powder (to taste)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 can Coors Light Beer
- 1 (16ounce) Can fire roasted chopped Tomatoes (any brand)
- 1 (28 ounce) Can crushed San Marzano(R) Tomatoes (must be San Marzano!!!)
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Cumin plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Chipotle Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, I like the Bush Brand Seasoned Dark Kidney beans (undrained)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Cilantro (chopped)
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 2 hours 15 mins
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook all peppers, and onion, and garlic until softened. Meanwhile Cook the ground beef in a frying pan and cook until browned, adding the Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Crumble over bouillon cubes, and stir in beer to deglaze the pan; continue to cook for a few minutes. Add meat mixture to large pot and Stir in the cans tomatoes (including paste) and wine, Season with chili powder, cumin, paprika, chipotle sauce, brown sugar, basil, oregano, black pepper, and salt.
2. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover, and simmer for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in kidney beans, Continue to simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
4. Taste chili and adjust salt to your own taste.
5. While Chili is cooling off add Sour Cream, Cilantro, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin to food processor. Process till smooth (or to your own liking) use to top individual servings.
Reference: Best damn chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.