Beef stew on the grill or campfire recipe
Beef Stew on the Grill or Campfire
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Use your ancestors’ version of the slow-cooker–the Dutch oven–to make this beef stew on the grill or over the campfire. Careful, though–make this out in the open and you’ll be fending off wildlife and/or neighbors attracted by the smell.
Ready in: 3 hours 20 mins
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 3 hours
1. Preheat grill to 250 degrees F or lowest setting.
2. Combine meat with flour, salt, and pepper in a Dutch oven and make sure the meat is coated with the mixture. Add remaining ingredients. Place lid on the Dutch oven.
3. Grill with lid closed for 3 hours, stirring every now and then.Tip
If you can’t get your grill down to 250, keep the lid cracked open.
Reference: Beef stew on the grill or campfire recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)