Bbq fried pork and pickles sandwiches recipe
BBQ Fried Pork and Pickles Sandwiches
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
The Kansas City Royals’ take on the classic Midwestern pork tenderloin sandwich.
Ready in: 30 mins
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (1 pound) pork tenderloin
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 large dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 1 cup flour
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 4 large hamburger buns, split
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce, warmed
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Pour 2 tablespoons oil into a large skillet and set over medium heat. Add onions to hot oil, sprinkle with salt, and cook until browned, about 15 minutes, stirring often.
2. Fill a deep fryer with vegetable oil according to manufacturer’s instructions. Heat to 360 degrees F.
3. Slice the pork into 2-inch rounds. Place slices cut-side up between two layers of plastic wrap and use a meat pounder to flatten them to about 1/2-inch thickness.
4. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper on both sides, then dredge in panko bread crumbs.
5. Fry pork pieces in hot oil for about 3 minutes, or until pork is cooked through and golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
6. Stir flour and ranch dressing mix together in a shallow pie pan. Toss pickle slices in the mixture to coat.
7. Fry pickle slices in batches in hot oil for about 45 seconds each batch, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
8. In each hamburger bun, place a few of the fried pork pieces, browned onions, and fried pickles. Drizzle with barbecue sauce. Serve.
Reference: Bbq fried pork and pickles sandwiches recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.