Bbq beef jerky recipe
BBQ Beef Jerky
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Spicy, sweet and tasty beef jerky. Very easy to make and very tasty. A good trail snack or while fishing. Good while watching a game on TV, or take some to your favorite watering hole and share the wealth around. Low in fat treat.
Ready in: 1 day 3 hours 20 mins
Makes: 8 about 8 to 10 ounces of jerky
- 1 tablespoon Leslie(R) “tender quick” curing salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Weber(R) Sweet and Tangy BBQ rub
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 pound Lean beef, well trimmed (I use London Broil cuts, often on sale)
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 3 hours | Extra time: 1 day, curing
1. Cut meat into strips across the grain and 1/8 inch thick.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Place meat in larger plastic bowl a few strips at a time and sprinkle with the dry mix.
3. When all the mix and meat is in the bowl, use your hand to even the coating of dry rub on the meat. Place in resealable plastic bag (quart size for one pound) and refrigerate overnight.
4. Place the strips of meat, not touching, in the racks of a dehydrator and dehydrate for about three hours. Jerky will be leathery in texture and if kept in a new plastic bag in the refrigerator will keep for a very long time…if you don’t eat it all in a day or two, that is!Substitution
Use any good rub, I also use McCormicks(R) (sweet and smoky, and applewood) rubs to make a variety of flavors of jerky. You can also use a smoker to make the jerky.
Reference: Bbq beef jerky recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.