Balti chicken curry recipe
Balti Chicken Curry Recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
1. Chicken (8med.size pieces about 800gms)
2. hot spices mix or garam masala (1/2tsp)
3. red chili powder (1tsp)
4. black cumin seeds (1/2tsp)
5. black peppercorns (4)
6. black cardamom (2)
7. cinnamon stick (1” piece)
8. garlic paste (1tsp)
9. ginger paste (1tsp)
10. finely chopped green chilies (4tsp)
11. sliced tomato (2)
12. finely sliced onions (2)
13. oil (2tbsp)
14. lemon juice (2tsp)
15. thick yogurt beaten till smooth (2tbsp)
16. salt (to taste)
17. finely chopped fresh coriander (for garnish)
18. tomato puree (2tbsp)
Method of preparation
1. Take a cauldron or kadhai place it over heat. Heat oil in it and add onion slices in it and then fry them for about 4 minutes until the color of onions changes to golden brown.
2. Then add garlic paste, ginger paste, green chilies and chopped tomatoes in it and saute them. Add garam masala, red chili powder, black cumin seeds, black peppercorns, cardamom and cinnamon sticks in it and saute them for about 4 minutes. Now add chicken pieces and fry them for about 5 minutes. Then add the puree of tomatoes and salt in it.
3. Turn down the heat and add yogurt in it. Stir this mixture rapidly to avoid the curdling. Cover the pan and keep it to simmer for about 15 minutes until the chicken gets soft and the curry gets thickened. Mix lemon juice in it and decorate it with chopped coriander leaves and then serve it.
Number of servings – 4
Reference: Balti chicken curry recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.