Baked potatoes with ham and spicy cheese sauce recipe
Baked Potatoes with Ham and Spicy Cheese SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A meaty, manly, savory baked potato, thanks to the contributions of ham and hot sauce.
Ready in: 1 hour 10 mins
- 4 Russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham steak
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Pierce the potatoes a few times with a fork. Place on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour, or until you can easily slide a knife through the potatoes.
3. While potatoes are baking, make the sauce: melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Slowly pour in milk and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes to thicken, then remove from heat and stir in cheese until it melts. Season with hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Add ham.
4. Split potatoes open and serve each topped with ham cheese sauce.Cook potato faster in microwave
In a hurry? Cook the potatoes in the microwave. Pierce with a fork as above, then put in microwave on a paper towel. Microwave on high for 15 minutes (only 8-10 if you are doing just 1 potato), or until you can easily slide a knife through the potato.
Reference: Baked potatoes with ham and spicy cheese sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)