Baked potatoes with chicken and artichoke cheese sauce recipe
Baked Potatoes with Chicken and Artichoke Cheese Sauce
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
A fancy, filling baked potato that’s easy to make. Chicken, artichoke and cheese sauce turn this simple potato into a classic.
Ready in: 1 hour 10 mins
- 4 Russet potatoes
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Pierce the potatoes a few times with a fork. Place on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour, or until you can easily slide a knife through the potatoes.
3. While potatoes are baking: cover chicken with water in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, then drain.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Slowly pour in milk and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes to thicken, then remove from heat and stir in cheese until it melts. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Stir chicken cubes and artichoke hearts into the cheese sauce.
6. Split potatoes open and top each with chicken artichoke cheese sauce.Cook potato faster in microwave
In a hurry? Cook the potatoes in the microwave. Pierce with a fork as above, then put in microwave on a paper towel. Microwave on high for 15 minutes (only 8-10 if you are doing just 1 potato), or until you can easily slide a knife through the potato.
Tags: recipe, Baked potatoes with chicken and artichoke cheese sauce recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Baked potatoes with chicken and artichoke cheese sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com