Baked potato casserole 2 recipe
Baked Potato Casserole 2This article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThe Baked Potato Casserole 2 recipe is a delicious and comforting dish that combines the goodness of baked potatoes with creamy and cheesy flavors. This recipe is perfect for gatherings or as a side dish for a hearty meal. The casserole is made by layering sliced baked potatoes with a mixture of sour cream, cheese, and seasonings, then baking it until golden and bubbly. With its rich and satisfying taste, this recipe is sure to be a hit at any dinner table.
Keywords: baked potato casserole, comforting dish, creamy and cheesy, side dish, gatherings
Baked potato casserole 2 recipe details
Cheesy, gooey potato side-dish that goes deliciously with beef or pork main dishes. Make it a main course by adding chopped ham.
Ready in: 1 hour 10 mins
- 4 baking potatoes, skin on, washed well
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bunch green onions with tops, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp Cheddar
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 50 mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Microwave potatoes on high in a covered casserole or dish (don’t forget to prick skins) until barely fork tender (about 10 minutes). Let cool.
3. Prepare simple white sauce by melting butter in medium saucepan. When bubbly, add flour, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and stir until smooth. Gradually add milk and stir until sauce thickens slightly. Set aside.
4. Slice potatoes into 1/2 – 3/4-inch slices. Layer in medium buttered casserole first half the potato slices, then half the onion, then half grated cheese. Repeat with another layer. Pour white sauce over.
5. Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until browned and bubbly, 35 – 40 minutes. Enjoy!
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Baked potato casserole 2 recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 22 times, 1 visit(s) today