Baked potato casserole 2 recipe
Baked Potato Casserole 2
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Cheesy, gooey potato side-dish that goes deliciously with beef or pork main dishes. Make it a main course by adding chopped ham.
Ready in: 1 hour 10 mins
- 4 baking potatoes, skin on, washed well
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bunch green onions with tops, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp Cheddar
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 50 mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Microwave potatoes on high in a covered casserole or dish (don’t forget to prick skins) until barely fork tender (about 10 minutes). Let cool.
3. Prepare simple white sauce by melting butter in medium saucepan. When bubbly, add flour, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and stir until smooth. Gradually add milk and stir until sauce thickens slightly. Set aside.
4. Slice potatoes into 1/2 – 3/4-inch slices. Layer in medium buttered casserole first half the potato slices, then half the onion, then half grated cheese. Repeat with another layer. Pour white sauce over.
5. Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until browned and bubbly, 35 – 40 minutes. Enjoy!
Reference: Baked potato casserole 2 recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.