Baked herb chicken recipe
Baked Herb Chicken
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Originally an experimental dish that’s become one of our family favorites. Quick, simple, moist, and incredible flavor make this a nice addition to your chicken meals. The aroma while cooking will have you drooling.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon powdered rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay(R) Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons butter (divided)
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, removing last night’s leftovers that you forgot (don’t ask). Pour olive oil into a 9×13 baking dish, making sure the bottom is covered.
2. In a paper bag (ok, plastic works too), mix all the powdered ingredients, shaking well to mix. Put chicken breasts, one at a time, in bag and shake to thoroughly coat chicken. Some will want to pre-coat the chicken with flour, but I’ve found that doing without allows the seasoning to not be filtered.
3. Place breasts in dish and dot each with one tsp butter. Place one sprig of rosemary on top of each.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes, uncovered, basting every 10 minutes.
Reference: Baked herb chicken recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.