Baked chicken breasts with creamy mustard and tarragon sauce recipe
Baked Chicken Breasts with Creamy Mustard and Tarragon Sauce
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
You aren’t just going to bake chicken here. Not a go-the-extra-mile man like yourself. No way. You’ll finish off the dish with a creamy French mustard sauce that will give extra taste to every bite. Worth it.
Ready in: 45 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place chicken in glass baking dish and add wine. Season with tarragon and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then remove foil and bake for about 10 minutes longer until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
3. Remove chicken from pan and pour the pan juices into a bowl for use in the sauce.
4. Make a roux by melting the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Then whisk in the flour and salt, and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly pour in the milk and the pan juices.
5. Let the sauce come to a boil, then lower heat and cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes to thicken. Then stir in the sour cream and mustard and remove from heat.
6. Serve chicken with sauce spooned over each serving.
Tags: recipe, Baked chicken breasts with creamy mustard and tarragon sauce recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Baked chicken breasts with creamy mustard and tarragon sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com