Bacon cheese topped chicken recipe
Bacon-Cheese Topped Chicken
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Chicken breasts are marinated in a honey-mustard sauce, then topped with sauteed mushrooms, Monterey Jack cheese, and bacon. Oh, yeah!
Ready in: 2 hours 45 mins
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 25 mins | Extra time: 2 hours, marinating
1. Whisk the mustard, honey, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and paprika together in a bowl. Pour into a resealable zip top bag over the chicken breasts. Press the air out of the bag and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator 2 hours.
2. Cook the bacon in a skillet or in the microwave until half cooked. Press between paper towels to remove excess grease.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
4. Remove the chicken from the marinade, and reserve the marinade. Wipe the breasts free of the marinade. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the breasts until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
5. Arrange the seared breasts in the prepared baking dish. Bring the reserved marinade to a boil in the hot skillet, and spoon over the chicken breasts. Wipe the skillet clean, then saute the mushrooms in the butter until tender.
6. Spoon the mushrooms over the chicken breasts, then sprinkle with the cheeses. Arrange the bacon strips over each breast.
7. Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and the breasts register 165 degrees F on a meat thermometer, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh parsley to serve.
Tags: recipe, Bacon cheese topped chicken recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Bacon cheese topped chicken recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com