Asian steak pasta with asparagus recipe
Asian Steak Pasta with Asparagus
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
All the flavors you love in stir fry, but with noodles instead of rice. A simple way to try something different with steak.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skirt steak
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Cook pasta in a pot of salted boiling water until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
2. Rub steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into a large skillet and set over high heat. When oil is hot, set the steak in the skillet. Cook for about 8 minutes, flipping midway through cooking time, until steak reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (for medium-rare). Set on a platter.
3. Place asparagus and mushrooms in the skillet. Sprinkle with a little salt. Cook for about 5 minutes to soften, then add 1 cup water, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and more salt and pepper to taste.
4. Thinly slice the steak.
5. Pour oiled fettuccine noodles into a large bowl and drizzle with the soy sauce vegetable mixture. Stir to coat. Serve noodles with the steak slices on top of each helping.
Reference: Asian steak pasta with asparagus recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.