Grilled nectarines and bourbon ice cream recipe
Grilled Nectarines and Bourbon Ice CreamThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe combines the natural sweetness of grilled nectarines with the rich and creamy flavor of bourbon ice cream. The warm, caramelized nectarines perfectly complement the cool, boozy ice cream, creating a delightful summer dessert. With just a few simple ingredients and easy steps, you can create a unique and indulgent treat that will impress your guests.
Keywords: grilled nectarines, bourbon ice cream, summer dessert, caramelized, indulgent.
Grilled nectarines and bourbon ice cream recipe details
The smoky flavor of grilled nectarines and bourbon combine in this amazing homemade ice cream.
Ready in: 5 hours 55 mins
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 nectarines, cut in half and pits removed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Preparation methodPrep: 35 mins | Cook: 20 mins | Extra time: 5 hours, freezing
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks for about 2 minutes until they turn a lighter color and begin to foam.
2. Bring cream and 1 cup sugar to a very low boil in a saucepan over medium heat. When the cream simmers, whisk the mixture into the egg yolks and pour the combination back into the saucepan.
3. Bring the liquid back to a low boil. Simmer for about 4 minutes, stirring, until the ice cream thickens up slightly, then pour through a wire mesh colander into a bowl.
4. Add bourbon and vanilla. Stir to combine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour to chill thoroughly.
5. While ice cream is chilling, preheat the grill to medium. Coat nectarines with oil, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar, and place on grill; cook for about 5 minutes, until beginning to brown, and transfer to a cutting board. Chop when cool.
6. Transfer the cold cream liquid to the ice cream maker; freeze for the amount of time your ice cream maker manufacturer recommends, and stir the grilled nectarines into the ice cream when there’s just 5 minutes of freezing left to go.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Grilled nectarines and bourbon ice cream recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 32 times, 1 visit(s) today