Grilled nectarines and bourbon ice cream recipe
Grilled Nectarines and Bourbon Ice CreamThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
The smoky flavor of grilled nectarines and bourbon combine in this amazing homemade ice cream.
Ready in: 5 hours 55 mins
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 nectarines, cut in half and pits removed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Preparation methodPrep: 35 mins | Cook: 20 mins | Extra time: 5 hours, freezing
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks for about 2 minutes until they turn a lighter color and begin to foam.
2. Bring cream and 1 cup sugar to a very low boil in a saucepan over medium heat. When the cream simmers, whisk the mixture into the egg yolks and pour the combination back into the saucepan.
3. Bring the liquid back to a low boil. Simmer for about 4 minutes, stirring, until the ice cream thickens up slightly, then pour through a wire mesh colander into a bowl.
4. Add bourbon and vanilla. Stir to combine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour to chill thoroughly.
5. While ice cream is chilling, preheat the grill to medium. Coat nectarines with oil, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar, and place on grill; cook for about 5 minutes, until beginning to brown, and transfer to a cutting board. Chop when cool.
6. Transfer the cold cream liquid to the ice cream maker; freeze for the amount of time your ice cream maker manufacturer recommends, and stir the grilled nectarines into the ice cream when there’s just 5 minutes of freezing left to go.
Reference: Grilled nectarines and bourbon ice cream recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)