Army lettuce salad recipe
Army Lettuce Salad
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Classic lettuce salad, but Army cooks know how men like it: Sprinkled with bacon. Adapted from the 1910 Manual for Army Cooks.
Ready in: 5 mins
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds lettuce, shredded and chilled
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled and minced fine
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
Prep: 5 mins
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour over lettuce in a large serving bowl, sprinkle with egg and bacon, and serve.
Reference: Army lettuce salad recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.