Angel french toast recipe
Angel French Toast recipe⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 to 3 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk or half & half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 slices of French bread cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
Cook sugar, butter, and corn syrup in small saucepan until thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Arrange apples and nuts on top and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and a little nutmeg. Mix egg mixture; dip bread into it and place bread on top of apples. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Bake 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Tags: recipe, Angel french toast recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Angel french toast recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com