Alabama rammer jammer bacon cheeseburger recipe
Alabama Rammer Jammer Bacon CheeseburgerThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the mouthwatering Alabama Rammer Jammer Bacon Cheeseburger recipe! This delicious creation combines the smoky flavors of crispy bacon with the tangy kick of Rammer Jammer sauce, resulting in a burger that is bursting with flavor. With a perfect blend of savory beef, melted cheese, and a touch of heat, this recipe is sure to satisfy any burger lover's craving. Whether you're grilling up a backyard feast or looking for a game day treat, this Alabama-inspired burger is a must-try.
Keywords: Alabama, Rammer Jammer, bacon, cheeseburger, recipe.
Alabama rammer jammer bacon cheeseburger recipe details
Being born and reared in Alabama, I’ve learned a lot of traditional Southern recipes along the way. This burger is a Southern food smorgasbord, including beef patties prepared with dale’s Seasoning, fried green tomatoes, and Alabama white sauce that I’ve used to dress what I call “the Southern Sampler Slaw,” made with sweet potatoes, peaches, apples and Vidalia onion. And it’s all sandwiched between two hoecakes. Now that’s Southern cookin’, y’all!
Ready in: 1 hour 35 mins
- The Southern Sampler Slaw:
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 large peaches, peeled and finely diced
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and grated
- 1 small small vidalia onion, peeled and grated
- The Alabama White Sauce:
- 2 cups mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 6 tablespoons white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- The Patties:
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1/4 cup Dale’s(R) seasoning
- 8 slices bacon, fried and cut in half, grease reserved
- The Hoe Cakes:
- 3 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease, reserved
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- The Fried Green Tomatoes:
- 8 thick slices fresh green tomato (approx. 2 large green tomatoes)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups corn meal mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper
- Peanut oil for frying (2-inch deep layer in large skillet)
- Canola oil to oil the grill grate
- 8 slices applewood smoked Cheddar cheese
Preparation methodPrep: 25 mins | Cook: 40 mins | Extra time: 30 mins, chilling
1. Make the slaw first, as it needs to chill. In a large bowl, toss together the sweet potatoes, peaches, Granny Smith apples, and Vidalia onion.
2. To make the Alabama White Sauce: in a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, salt, pepper, vinegar, lemon juice and sugar until well combined. Pour sauce over slaw and toss to dress. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
3. The Patties: Put the ground chuck and Dale’s(R) seasoning into a large bowl and combine with hands. Shape meat mixture into 8 evenly sized 1-inch thick patties. Make an indentation in the center of each patty with your thumb. Place the patties on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
4. Fry eight slices of bacon in skillet over low-medium heat. Place slices on paper-towel lined plate to drain. Cut each slice in half. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon grease from frying pan.
5. The Hoe Cakes: In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup peanut oil on stovetop over medium heat. In a large bowl, mix together corn meal mix, buttermilk, eggs and bacon grease (that you reserved earlier from frying bacon slices).
6. Drop hoe cake batter into hot oil, using 2 tablespoons of batter per hoecake. Pat into flat circles. Fry until golden, turning once. Fry in batches of four. Remove to paper-towel lined plate to drain. Makes 16 hoe cakes.
7. The Fried Green Tomatoes: In a large skillet or frying pan, pour in enough peanut oil to create 2 inches deep worth of oil. Heat on stovetop over medium heat. In a large bowl, mix together cornmeal mix, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and black pepper. Add buttermilk and whisk to form batter.
8. Dip each green tomato slice in batter and then into hot oil. Fry until golden, turning once. Remove to paper-towel lined plate to drain.
9. Preheat a gas grill for high heat.
10. When grill is hot, lightly oil the grate with canola oil. Place patties indention side-up on grate and cook 5 minutes, then flip and cook another 5 minutes (or until patties are done to your liking).
11. Add 1 slice applewood smoked Cheddar cheese to each patty for the last minute of cooking. Place 2 halves of bacon on top of the cheese.
12. Now it is time to build the burger: Get a plate. Place one hoe cake on plate. The beef patty with cheese and bacon goes on top of hoecake. Then, add a slice of fried green tomato. Next, add a helping of the slaw. Top with another hoe cake. Enjoy!!!
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Alabama rammer jammer bacon cheeseburger recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.