World’s best grilled eggplant parmesan recipe
World’s Best Grilled Eggplant Parmesan
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Starting this tried-and-true dish on the grill is healthier choice than frying it. Finish off in the oven, bubbling away with spaghetti sauce and cheese, for a great vegetarian main dish.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 3 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Preheat grill to Medium and lightly oil grate. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place eggplant on grill grate and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Pour breadcrumbs into a shallow pie pan. Dip grilled eggplant in beaten egg, then dredge in the breadcrumbs. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, turning cutlets over midway through cooking time.
4. Pour 1/3 cup spaghetti sauce into a 9×13-inch baking dish and distribute over bottom of dish. Cover with baked eggplant, then layer with cheese, more sauce, and more eggplant, until all the eggplant is used. Sprinkle with any remaining cheese and the basil.
5. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
Reference: World’s best grilled eggplant parmesan recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.