Roasted eggplant and tomato sauce pasta recipe
Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Sauce PastaThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing a delicious and flavorful recipe for Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Sauce Pasta. This dish combines the smoky taste of roasted eggplant with a rich and tangy tomato sauce, creating a perfect harmony of flavors. The pasta is cooked to al dente perfection, absorbing all the savory goodness of the sauce. With just a handful of ingredients, this recipe is both simple and satisfying, making it a go-to option for a quick and comforting meal.
Keywords: Roasted, Eggplant, Tomato Sauce, Pasta, Flavorful.
Roasted eggplant and tomato sauce pasta recipe details
Hearty, spicy eggplant tomato sauce served over pasta for a filling pasta main course.
Ready in: 55 mins
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups boiling water, as needed
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Toss eggplant with bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic, 2 tablespoons oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a bowl, then pour onto a large baking sheet.
3. Bake for 35 minutes, until vegetables are tender and starting to caramelize.
4. Puree the roasted eggplant mixture with the mint, cheese, and lemon juice in a food processor for 30 seconds or so, until still somewhat chunky but pureed. Pour into a saucepan and heat to a boil, adding water until the sauce is the consistency you like.
5. Serve over pasta.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Roasted eggplant and tomato sauce pasta recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 39 times, 1 visit(s) today