Wine soaked apple and almond salad recipe
Wine Soaked Apple and Almond SaladThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis wine-soaked apple and almond salad recipe is a delightful combination of fresh flavors and textures. Crisp apples are soaked in a tangy white wine dressing, which adds a subtle sweetness to the dish. The addition of crunchy almonds provides a satisfying crunch, while the accompanying greens add a refreshing element. This salad is perfect for a light lunch or as a side dish for a dinner party.
Keywords: wine-soaked, apple, almond, salad, recipe.
Wine soaked apple and almond salad recipe details
Toasted Almond and Wine Soaked Apples served on top of lettuce greens with a Honey-Cream Cheese, poppy seed dressing.
Ready in: 45 mins
- Assorted apples, halved and chopped into thin wedges
- 1 cup white wine
- Assorted lettuce greens (such as Iceberg, red leaf, boston, and chicory or raddiccio)
- Toasted almonds
- Poppy seeds
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup half and half
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 20 mins, soaking
1. Place apples in glass container and splash white wine to soak. Soaking prevents the apples from turning brown. Soak to taste, or about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, toast almonds in a skillet over medium heat until browned around the edges, about 2 minutes.
3. To make dressing, pulse honey, half and half, and the wine from the apples in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add poppy seeds. Toss dressing with apples, almonds, and lettuce greens. Cook Information Cleanup:
CookTime: n/a | PrepTime: 30 minutes | TotalTime: 30 minutes
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Wine soaked apple and almond salad recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 35 times, 1 visit(s) today